Terms and Conditions of Membership
All 2020 Williamstown Football Club memberships are subject to the following terms and conditions. If you require further information in relation to these terms and conditions, please contact email@example.com or 03 9391 0309, during business hours.
PURCHASE OF MEMBERSHIP
- If you are successful in your membership application, the Club will issue you confirmation electronically within two business days (from Tuesday 15 October 2019). Your membership card and fulfilment package will be issued in March.
- The Club reserves its right not to accept any membership application form in its absolute discretion.
TERM OF MEMBERSHIP
- Subject to the following terms and conditions, your club membership will entitle you to the benefits of club membership from receipt of your membership payment to the conclusion of the 2020 VFL/VFLW Season.
- Club membership cards may not, without the prior written consent of the Club, be onsold (including via online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services, either by the original purchaser or any subsequent bearer. If a ticket is onsold or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission. Penalties apply (including cancellation of any offending member's club membership without a refund).
GST AND LEVIES
- Except where expressly noted, all prices include GST and any applicable venue levy.
- As a general policy, club memberships are non-refundable. Requests for refunds may be made in writing and are at the discretion of the Club's CEO
- The Club reserves its right to cancel a member's club membership without a refund where that member is deemed by the Club to have breached these terms and conditions (including where that member attempts to transfer or sell their club membership and/or associated benefits).
CLUB MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
- While barracking and supporting your club is a vital part of the game, offensive or aggressive behaviour (including yelling and swearing when dealing with club staff, agents or AFL Victoria or other event staff) will not be tolerated. Club members who consume alcohol on a match day are to do so responsibly. Drunkenness will not be tolerated. Club members who breach the behaviour code of conduct may face penalties including cancellation of membership without refund. The Club endorses the AFL Victoria's stance on vilification and has a zero-tolerance for members or supporters that abuse the opposition, opposition supporters, or umpires on grounds of race, religion, gender and sexuality.
VARIATION TO CLUB MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Club may from time to time, where reasonably necessary, vary the terms and conditions of club membership. The Club will communicate any change to its membership terms and conditions via the Club website or email. Members will have no claim against the Club by reason of any change made to the terms and conditions of club membership.
GENERAL VENUE RULES
- Club members must adhere to all rules and restrictions imposed by the venues attended by the Club member. All venues are smoke-free. Patrons are not permitted to bring alcohol into any venue and must adhere to strict restrictions placed on alcohol consumption in designated areas at all venues.
LOST OR STOLEN MEMBERSHIP CARDS
- Membership cards remain the property of the Club. If a club membership card is lost or stolen, please contact the Club's Membership team on 93910309 and the Club may then issue a replacement membership card.
- An applicant for membership who is 18 years or above and who pays or enters into an agreement to pay, by instalments, the annual subscription fee is automatically eligible to be registered as an ordinary member of the Club subject to Board approval. All members of the Club are bound by the Constitution. Applicants cannot be a nominee or trustee of another person nor hold or be entitled to hold any other membership of the Club. If the Club is wound up, members and those who ceased to be members within a year of the winding up are required to contribute up to $50 to the assets of the Club.
TELEPHONE AND INTERNET RENEWALS
- Members may renew their club membership over the telephone or online. By renewing over the telephone or online, you accept these terms and conditions of club membership (as amended by from time to time by the Club).
- The Williamstown Football Club may from time to time, where reasonably necessary vary the terms and conditions of club membership. The Club will communicate any change to its membership terms and conditions via the Williamstown Football Club website. Members will have no claim against the Club by reason of any change made to its membership terms and conditions.
CLUB MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES AND ENTITLEMENTS
- Delivery of membership packs can take 10–14 business days from the date of purchase. Please Note: PO Boxes can add an additional four business days to delivery time.
- No exchanges can be made once the item has been dispatched from our mail house.
- All lost, stolen or reprinted membership cards will be reissued within seven working days. Cards cannot be replaced on game day.
- Once a membership has been purchased, the Williamstown Football Club is under no obligation to provide a cancellation or refund. Requests for refunds may only be considered in writing and under exceptional circumstance as determined by the Club.
GENERAL ADMISSION MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES
The traditional style membership that provides members with free entry to all Williamstown home games at Downer Oval (10 VFL and 7 VFLW) plus half price entry to all away games. Even if you don't attend the games, this membership is great value for money for families, adults and concession holders, with a range of benefits, especially the significant discount offerings at numerous local traders via our member-only 'Seagull Saver' program. Junior members receive the famous 'Speccie' packs, including the ever-popular Williamstown junior football.
As a membership dedicated to every past player and official of the Club, a Club 1864 Adult membership provides all the benefits of a Season Membership but at a reduced price in recognition of those members' past service. Club 1864 members also receive a regular Club 1864 newsletter with unique insights, and exclusive invitations to Club 1864 member only events.
A Club 1864 Towner membership option is available for those that wish to commit to the Club without wanting access to the Season Membership benefits.
A membership for those looking to engage closely with the Club and its passionate supporters. The Gulls Coterie is a strong and traditional Coterie Group providing a unique match day experience at all VFL home games, with the ever popular half-time gatherings catered for in the Seaview Event Centre. Membership also provides the opportunity to book (free of charge) into a pre-game Presidents function, and attend exclusive Coterie events. Join the Gulls Coterie and enjoy a special bond with some of our club's most passionate Seagull supporters.
The 'armchair membership' option for those Seagull fans who can't get to the games, but wish to maintain their membership of the Club and continue to be kept informed of all Club matters.
VFL/VFLW FINAL SERIES ENTITLEMENTS
Club Membership does not provide free access to finals matches which are governed by AFL Victoria.
MEMBERSHIP CLASSIFICATIONS AND CONCESSIONS
- Family of 4 memberships are available for two (2) adults and up to two (2) juniors (under the age of 15 as of 1 January 2020).
- To be eligible for a Junior membership, the applicant must be at least five years of age and under the age of 15 as at 1 January each year. Persons aged 15 and over as at 1 January 2020 are classified as an adult, unless they hold valid concession identification.
- It is the member's responsibility to ensure that their date of birth is correct on their membership account.
To be eligible to purchase a Concession membership the member must hold one of the following:
- Full-time student card – secondary students over 15 years and full-time tertiary students are required to produce their student card that clearly displays they are a full-time student.
- Pensioner Concession card – aged pensioners, invalid pensioners and single supporting parents are required to produce a Department of Human Services concession card.
- Veterans' Affairs card – war widows and veterans are required to produce their Veterans' Affairs concession card or personal entitlement card.
Appropriate identification needs to be produced annually at the time of purchase and must be present when requested at the games.
- Student concession is available to people studying full-time. Your membership application/renewal form must be accompanied by a copy of your student card or a photocopy of a stamped, receipted enrolment form from your education institution.
- Pensioner concession is available to people holding a pensioner concession card issued by Centrelink, the Department of Health and Community Services, the Department of Community Services or the Department of Veterans' Affairs. A Heath Care or Health Benefit card will not be accepted. Your membership application/renewal form must be accompanied by a photocopy of your pension card. Pension cards must be valid for the duration of the 2020 VFL/VFLW Premiership season.
- Full Payment of your club membership fee may be made via any one of the following methods: VISA, MasterCard, Cheque, Cash.
Williamstown Football Club merchandise vouchers can be used for merchandise purchases only.
In person at the Club Offices located Level 1, 1 Mason Street, Newport or at our home ground, Downer Oval, Morris Street, Williamstown.
WHEN A TRANSACTION IS AUTHORISED
- You are confirming that the transaction correctly represents the purchase price of the goods or services obtained; and
- You are agreeing to pay the amount of that transaction by the reduction of the Remaining Card Value.
- You should keep all transaction records and receipts as proof of purchase.
PURCHASES EXCEEDING THE VOUCHER VALUE
Voucher may only be used to make purchases up to the Remaining Card Value. If you wish to make a purchase for an amount that exceeds the Remaining Card Value, you must pay the excess using another payment method.
- Voucher cannot be exchanged for cash and/or credit.
- You cannot obtain any cash advance with your voucher or redeem your voucher for cash.
IMPORTANT: TREAT YOUR WILLIAMSTOWN FOOTBALL CLUB MERCHANDISE VOUCHER LIKE CASH
- Lost and stolen vouchers will not be replaced or refunded.
- You are liable for all transactions that occur on your vouchers (other than to the extent that there has been fraud or negligence by us or an employee).
- Merchandise gift vouchers will automatically expire on Friday 31 October Each Year, to fall in line with the club's financial year cut-off period.
- Unused monies after the expiry will not roll over to the following season and will not be refunded